Anything posted on this blog is either FOR PERSONAL USE or FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. If you want to follow HOW-TOs or Tips and Tricks posted here, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! I should not be held responsible or liable for whatever result you may achieve. Images, brand names and trademarks are copyright of their respective owners.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

RANT: Sony Ericsson P990i

RANT ON!

I contacted Sony Ericsson because I am receiving error which says:
The operation you have selected requires more storage space than is available. Free some space, for example by deleting files, and try again
That is when downloading emails with large attachments (emails that are larger in size than the internal memory's free space). And so I was given #71213775 as the case number. After several days, I got the following reply:
Dear Mr. [customer],

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson on the World Wide Web.

Answer:
Unfortunately, it is not possible to save messages on memory stick.

Best regards,

Sony Ericsson Call Center Philippines

If we can be of further assistance, please email to us at questions.ph@support.sonyericsson.com
For latest news and further product information, kindly visit our website at www.sonyericsson.com or text SE HELP to 2960 (P2.50 per text)
OK! I've got a response from SE that it's impossible for P990i to store emails in Memory Stick. And so, I cannot use this phone to download emails with large attachments as it would choke the phones internal memory. Unless of course I would buy a third party email client for UIQ3 Platform, which has the capability to use the Memory Stick as its storage.

So this P990i - a smartphone, business phone, cannot store my business related emails all the time.

I wonder if Sony Ericsson's new smartphone, the P1/P1 has this capability. But if it isn't capable, it wouldn't be capable of downloading larger emails as well. I could be wrong though...

My suggestion is research a lot, before buying any product. Don't be afraid, ask the salesrep questions you have in mind. Search the net...

RANT OFF!

No comments: