Anything posted on this blog is either FOR PERSONAL USE or FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. If you want to follow HOW-TOs or Tips and Tricks posted here, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! I should not be held responsible or liable for whatever result you may achieve. Images, brand names and trademarks are copyright of their respective owners.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Huawei E220 HSDPA USB Modem

My hands were able to get hold of this Huawei E220 HSDPA USB modem. This is distributed by Globe Telecom (I think it is bundled with Globe Visibility package, which was requested by one of my officemates for off-site support).

When I saw it, I got curious, borrowed it and tested it myself...

This USB modem is also equipped with a USB drive. It contains Software and driver for Windows.

Here are some pictures of the hardware:


The HUAWEI Mobile Connect software is surely enough to properly connect to your service provider under Windows environment. It has options to set APN, IP Address, etc. It also has the option to force 3G connection only.



Globe Connection




Smart Connection
I tried inserting my Smart Buddy SIM and it worked.



In Linux Environment (using Linux Mint - Cassandra)
It didn't work right away, but after a short research, I was able to connect thru SMART.


This HSDPA USB Modem from Huawei works good!

No comments: