Anything posted on this blog is either FOR PERSONAL USE or FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. If you want to follow HOW-TOs or Tips and Tricks posted here, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! I should not be held responsible or liable for whatever result you may achieve. Images, brand names and trademarks are copyright of their respective owners.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Herotab M802 (Apad iMX515 8"): A Sudden Twist of Fate


We have this Herotab M802 tablet for a while. Just a while ago, I was trying to connect a USB cable at the back of my CPU... when I accidentally leaned on the panel of this tablet. Heard a soft 'tick'. I thought it was just the whole panel responding to the force created by my 'soft' lean... but, oh no! A crack ran across the whole screen from top bottom!

It is kaput!!!

The crack appeared at about 1/3 of the screen from right (side where 'Back' button is) to left. Upon testing, that 1/3 portion responds to touch, but the remaining 2/3 doesn't!

Now, I need a bricked unit... and salvage the working touchpanel. Meantime, this tablet will be in its cage...

No comments: