Anything posted on this blog is either FOR PERSONAL USE or FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. If you want to follow HOW-TOs or Tips and Tricks posted here, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! I should not be held responsible or liable for whatever result you may achieve. Images, brand names and trademarks are copyright of their respective owners.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

My SE P990i Issues (Part II)

Just tonight, as I was on my way home, traffic caught us in the middle of South Super Highway, going to Alabang. I pulled out my P990i and started browsing using Smart 3G.

Using my P990i, I checked my blog (this blog) and I found few misspelled items so I decided to edit it. In my laptop, it has become a habit for me to copy first what I'm editing so that when things accidentally messed up, I could just clear everything, and get the original from the clipboard. And so I did with one of the articles here. For some reason, I accidentally messed the article I was editing, so I cleared the content, and decided to paste from the clipboard... and so surprised that it only pasted a small portion of what I copied earlier! I investigated it and found out that:
  • You can paste up to 255 characters only in a text are in the web browser. If you copy more than that, only the first 255 characters will be pasted.
  • Also in the web browser, when typing in a text box and 255 characters is reached, the keyboard will work intermittently, replacing only the character located in the left of the cursor. Switching to ‘123’ mode completely disables typing!
  • Still in web browser, ENTER/RETURN doesn't work in on-screen keyboard even if the target is a multi-line text box (textarea).
  • Text options like copy, cut, paste, etc. is missing in the on-screen keyboard when invoked from web browser (also true in message editor).
I'm surprised... really!

No comments: